Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 1

Hola! We made it down to Cancun yesterday morning about 9 a.m. after a VERY long morning. I got home from work at about 11:45 Thursday night, finished the last min. packing, took a shower and literally took a 2 hour nap. We left the house around 3:30 a.m. The flight was pretty smooth, which I appreciated, and for the very first time I was actually able to sleep on the plane for about an hour. They woke everyone up about an hour before the plane landed to fill out our customs forms and what not and seeing as though I was so tired my brain wasn't exactly functioning properly. It took me 3 sheets to finally fill it out correctly. :) Oh well. So we got to the hotel about 10 a.m. and I can't even describe to you how AMAZING this place is. There is marble everywhere and their attention to detail is incredible. They said that our room wouldn't be available until 3, and at that point I didn't know whether to laugh or cry because I was so tired, all I wanted was a bed. I did niether however. So we went to breakfast, explored around the hotel, played some games on the computer, and took a nap on the couch in the lobby. Okay, so maybe I was the only 1 that slept in the lobby. We finally got into our room and I was completely blown away. This place is beyond belief. I wish I would have packed the usb cord for the camera so I could show everyone some pictures, but unfortunately that was 1 of a few things I forgot. As soon as we laid down in bed Jason crashed. He was out for a good 4-5 hours. I, on the other hand, only slept about 2 hours and managed to straighten my hair, put make up on, and watch the sunset before Jason finally decided to get up. So obviously we had a late dinner. We ate at the steak house here at the hotel and oh my goodness was it awesome food. My steak was cooked perfectly and their mashed potatoes were so creamy they melted in your mouth. I really have to kick my diet into high gear when we get home. This morning we woke up and had breakfast in the room and proceeded out to the pool area. We found beach chairs in the pool right next to the bar. :-D Perfect. We sat by some of the most obnoxious people, however, so thanks to them we only sat out there for about 1 1/2 hours. That was enough though, because the top of my chest is already toasted. I am very thankful that I have been tanning though, because if it wasn't for the base color I already have I fear I would have toasted even more. We went to Rain Forest Cafe for lunch and my food was less than stellar but you pretty much just go there for the atmosphere anyway, so it was ok. They had coke from the glass bottles though, so that was really cool. Yet another picture I can't show you. Mandy and Steve just called, they just got in about 5:30 p.m. We made reservations for the Hibbachi grill tonight. I am looking forward to that, I love hibbachi food. It's always a good time. Well, I should probably start getting ready for dinner. I am hoping to update throughout the trip, but I won't make any promises. Until next time...

1 comment:

Amanda G said...

Hola, mi amiga! Sounds like you're having an awesome time!! Get a tan for me, too, k? It's still too chilly to hit the beach! For some reason, I thought you Twittered today from your phone (because my brain only has one setting, SLOW) so disregard my reply about international roaming. Just because I'm a moron, doesn't mean everyone else is (when I came back from Turkey, let's just say I could have fed a family of 6 for a month with all the charges my phone racked up without my having ever even USED it...) Enjoy yourself and take lots of pics! Stay safe!!